Top 10 list.
Me (in no particular order):
1. Mexican food. Every. day. A Margarita will be drunk with every appetizer or full sized meal purchased. (appetizer *and* full meal = 2 margarita's) Jarin, I'm lookin' at you here, let's get started.
2. The Texas coast. Unique in every way to any other coast you've ever been to. (unless, of course, you've *been) to the Texas coast and then it's just as unique, as...itself.)
3. New boots - ok, ok, this isn't a place...it's a thing... but boot stores are fun places, and I would like to go to one...and get new boots... please? Maybe Cabela's. If you've ever been to Cabela's you'll know it's an experience in and of itself. (Cabela's is all the best about Texas and none of the bad ;) )
4. A baseball game. Triple A or Professional, either will do.
5. Enchanted Rock, and actually hike to the top, not just drive to the entrance gates and turn around. Combined with a night spent at my parent's barn/house right next door.
6. Dallas to visit friends from college, visit my sister and her family, and visit my Godmother. It's actually just time for me to do this but now I have a great reason!
7. The San Antonio Zoo. A great zoo, and only 1.5 hours away and just down the road from my brother and his family! 2 birds, 1 stone, must be done.
8. Go fishing.
9. Make s'more's around a campfire under the Texas sky. The skies really are bigger in Texas (they really really are)!
10. Canoeing on Town Lake with the kids.
I would settle for the family visits and the coast... and of course new boots to wear at the same time....and we all have to eat food, why shouldn't it be Mexican in flavor?
Any other suggestions? What would you just *have* to do if you were leaving the country for a while (it can include things outside of Texas, but really, if you're leaving the U.S. and you're not already *in* Texas, then shouldn't "visiting Texas" be on your list)?
Am I missing something big?
Lay it on me.