Wednesday, May 16, 2012

It just takes a simple phone call...shipping car and stuff update

In this go-go world of emails and online everything sometimes it's nice to just pick up the phone and talk to a real person. Especially when that real person is an expert at what they do and has clear and concise answers for all your questions, and treats you and your concerns with respect.

I just called Schumacher Cargo Logistics twice in a row, talked to the same guy and he answered my questions thoroughly and respectfully.

#1. How full can I pack my car?

answer: needs to be at a level where the driver can safely see out the back windows.

Knowing this, it may not make more sense for us to fold down the seats. Instead we should use the most of the floorboard space as possible. We'll see which way allows us to fit more containers, bags, etc.

#2. Can I pack clothes and what not in to the bags you suck the air out of? (this was my exact question...very eloquent and with impeccable grammar)

answer: Yes, as long as it is labeled properly

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This changes everything! My entire plan for packing... everything! In fact. I wouldn't be surprised if I can fit everything in the car with room to spare, even without filling it to the ceiling (which was my original plan)

God is good...

...all the time!

Now would it be crazy to ask Lina to sacrifice her room so I can use it as my packing room?

Ya'll, this is going to be a packing extravaganza that will go down in Demkowicz family history books!

Can she do it?!

Yes, she can!

(um, yeah, I think so...)

I was saving his intercession for a time when I felt I really needed it. I think that time has come. St. Jude, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment