Any resemblance to takes or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
1. My little elf is in Pre-K. The moment he tried on his shirt and tie, two weeks ago, I cried.
|I don't know who the guy on the right is. Just some old man who lives here and eats all my yogurt covered raisins.|
2. "Fire has hit all but 50 to 100 acres of the pines covering the 6,000-acre Bastrop State Park, a Texas Parks and Wildlife Department spokesman said Tuesday, but so far it has spared all but three of the historical structures at the park." Read more here.
|Pregnant with Kacio here but didn't know it yet!|
|Finding the marker so we know we're on the right trail.|
|Hang in there "Lost Pines," We love you!|
3. I'm teaching again, did I mention that?
|My teaching "uniform." Baby not included.|
|I don't hide my shame.|
Me: Hejjo, why aren't you dressed for bed?
Hejjo: I can't find any pajamas in my drawers.
Me: Have you checked the big red chair?
Hejjo: Nope.....(searching)... found some!
Me: See, they were right where I thought.
Hejjo: You're so smart mommy.
Me: That's one word for it.
5. I am supposed to be preparing a worksheet/handout for my class on Thursday. And writing this blog entry. And instead I am sitting on the couch watching "Tron Legacy" with the man pictured behind me. Obviously I have been kidnapped and bound and am being help against my will... don't be fooled by my smile, that's just gas.
6. Martin is taking my first born to Poland in exactly 23 days.( He better come back with him fully in tact and as good and sweet as he was when they left. 2 weeks without my baby! Ugh.) I am in charge of packing him for the trip.
I actually had to wrangle together some fall/winter clothes, and even bought some for Hejjo, so he could go to Poland in three weeks. Alternate universe over there, I'm tellin' ya.
7. Back up. Look at the temps. in Austin again..........Do, you see what I see, do you see what I see, a drop in temps., closer to liveable, with some days in the lower 90's. Not for long, but it's enough for one of these... :). (sung to the tune of "do you see what I see" that old Christmas hymn we all love and adore).
Our windows are open right now in lieu of the A/C which would normally still be cranking. I can stand outside for more than 5 min. without suffocating, and the other day... wait for iiiiiiiiiiiiiit..... Martin and I actually walked the kids down the street to the park, at high noon! Along with the high winds that were flaming those out of control wildfires, we also got a cold front. Go figure.
8. The best for last! ( I said there would only be 7, but Martin interjected himself at #5, his fault.)
We have a new baby cousin! Maximillian Joseph Danze! We can't wait to meet him in person. There's just something about new life that makes you feel giddy with hope in a way that nothing else can.