Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wrapping up the school year in Warsaw!

011

Hejjo: But that was so easy, it wasn't at all what I thought it would be like.

Me: What did you think was going to happen?

Hejjo: I imagined we were going to be in this big room with just me and three teachers at the front. And they were all old ladies and they were sitting at the front of the room and the whole room was dark except for one light right above them and one light right above me and they were going to take out a pointer and start pointing at the board and making me tell them stuff.

Me: What?! Why did you think that?

Hejjo: I dont know, I was just scared and I think this would be really scary so I just imagined it like that...

(timidly)...Mommy, did they say you can still home school me? Did I do good enough so you can still home school me?

dearest sweet boy

Me: Yes, Hejjo. You did wonderfully. You are definitely allowed to still home school.

Hejjo:  Good.


And that pretty much sums it up. 
Hejjo has been talking about these exams, worrying about them, asking about them, gathering his work, practicing his reading and just generally thinking about it all for a good solid month. Graduating form 1st grade is serious business.
And he did wonderfully.
In Polish and in English.
He is amazing.


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a reflection of you. Great job mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for all of you! What a brave boy, to face that mental image. Oof.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! :)
    It was obvious that he do well. :) He is a smart boy.
    Big gratulations for you too. It's your job, after all. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, his imagination. That's my favorite part of this story! He is a gem.

    ReplyDelete