Friday, June 17, 2011

Prayers for Texas

I had a couple other posts that I was working on for today and tomorrow, but I Have to post this first. It's that important.

I know that there are many things in this world for which we pray. People suffering from illness, child abuse, hunger, homelessness, personal intentions. At our house we have a running list of names that we mention in prayer every night. The Divine mercy Chaplet is our personal go-to meditation for families and individuals in need.

Today, the children and I are going to be saying our Chaplet for Texas. For rain. For calming of the hot winds that fuel the wild fires, and a little relief from the 100+ temperatures that are refusing to leave.

It's gettin' a bit scary folks. I'm not gonna lie.

So, if you have the time today, please join our family and pray the Divine mercy Chaplet, or a Rosary, or you know, if you are pressed for time, just a simple Our Father or Hail Mary. And if you're not the praying type, how about just throwing up a special thought for Texas.

In all things, may His will be done.

3 comments:

  1. You know your family and Texas is always in my prayers!

    God bless Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that all the family in PL remember about you. Do you know that Grandma has a special "trappings" with Saint Antonio from Padova? You have to aks her for this special preyers - it really works!

    ReplyDelete