Monday, June 13, 2011

Oh, those silly Russians

One of the perks of being married to a man of European birth, is that he reads a lot of foreign publications, primarily Polish. The Polish newspapers tend to include a lot more news of other countries and situations around the world than our hometown newspaper here in Texas. I learn a lot from Martin and www.Gazeta.pl. One section of Gazeta is called "Deser" which is pretty much a cognate meaning, you guessed it, "dessert." A section devoted to "fun and gossip." I generally don't go in for international "fun and gossip" but last week there was something in there that I knew I just had to share with all of you. How else would you find it? How else would you know it exists? How else would you have these images burned in your mind to disturb you forever, just as they have done for me?

So I have taken it upon myself to introduce you to the newest fad in Russian wedding Photography:


Roslanie kochaja Photoshopa. Bez wzajemnosci [ZDJECIA SLUBNE] (accents missing)

(translation, more or less: Russians love photoshop but the feeling isn't mutual. [Wedding Photos] )




"No, no, stop running away,you sit right there and hand me the arrows when I need them. That's a good husband."



"Oh Look Honey, Hurrah, I caught a frog! Come stand awkwardly on these rocks and maybe you can catch one too!"

"I'm on my way!" "Hurrah!"



If you look real close you can even see their shadow on the cliffs below. No detail was spared...they paid extra.



As a member of local law enforcement, he's not above the law...he's bigger than the law.



"My dad said you were a good catch and to not let you get away. He was right. You're never getting away. Never. "




Taking the phrase, "sweeping her off her feet," a little too literally. Although I have to say they did a good job with the bodies in this one. She really looks like she is being carried. She really, really does.



No matter what happens in life. Job, kids, sporting events, his wife will clearly never play second fiddle. She *is* the fiddle.




I don't know what happened here. But I don't want you to miss the gun and roses (and harpoon?) and remember, that this woman, chained to the wall, is, in fact, supposed to be, his new wife.

P.S. This post dedicated to my friend Eric Kotara. A wedding Photographer. I DARE YOU to do anything this awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this is rich. I have a new website to waste time at. AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am overwhelmed by the totally insane awesomeness of this! REALLY???????? This is what they want for wedding pictures? I'm ashamed. So very ashamed!

    ReplyDelete