Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Do they even have that in Poland? #2



Peanut Butter. Honestly, the simple answer is, I don't know. I think they probably have peanut butter somewhere in Poland, and I'm sure our city will be a place where you might be able to find it. I know that Martin did not grow up eating it, and as far as I know, none of his cousins eat it or any of their kids.

Now, I may be the perfect wife and mother. The most diligent housekeeper and most skilled cook. BUT, every once in while, when there is a storm raging outside and the power goes out and I can't use the oven ,and then I could use the gas stove but I don't have sufficient lighting, and it could be dangerous... I take out the peanut butter. And my children eat peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat bread. And they like it. They say "please mother, may we have another peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and another, after that?...oh thank you mother, you must love us so much to give us peanut butter and jelly!" What can I say, peanut butter brings out the best in them. It is a special treat and I would hate for them to miss out on something so special.

Well, it turns out that we have just such storms and power outages at least 3 to 4 times a week at our house. With my mothering credentials there really is no other explanation as to why we go through so much peanut butter. So, I will be taking one of these with me to Poland:



I mean, if it can happen 3 to 4 times a week in TEXAS, where drought is raging right now, I can't even imagine how bad the storms must get in Poland. I must be prepared... as any A+ mom would be. Quite frankly, I do it for the children. I do it for the children.

7 comments:

  1. That's a tough one... I remember backpacking in 2002 and missing peanut butter sooooo badly... and when I found a tiny jar in Pisa, I was willing to pay whatever-the-hell it cost (which ended up being 8 euros... totally worth it). Maybe introduce the kiddos to Nutella and banana sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, Olivia, Olivia...it is the new highlight to my day when I see you've done a new post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacey, my kids would eat Nutella for every meal if I let them, and it is def. cheaper in Poland than it is here. I just feel like I'm giving them chocolate spread and that's great. every once in a while...

    Dwija, too. much. pressure.! I actually really enjoy writing this blog. I thought I might get bored of it after a couple days but so far so good. and i had some great inspiration! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have those outages too and don't forget apples and peanut butter..... It's another favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that peanut butter is quite easily accessible in Poland. The bad news is that it's not as good as American peanut butter and it's also pretty expensive. But since you'll be taking all these jars we'll have to visit you some day on one of such thunderstorms ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, I see, well, I'll have to to do some investigating when we get there. Thanks for the information Peter! And ya'll are more than welcome to come by any time, power outage or not!

    ReplyDelete