Thursday, September 27, 2012

Before and After: Our Schoolroom!

I have before and after pics. of all the rooms we are living in, but those will have to wait because we just got settled this past week in our schoolroom and surprisingly, so many people have asked me what schooling at home "looks like." I always assume they mean the routine or the curriculum, but they literally mean, "what does the room look like." Most families I know don't even have a room specifically for school. That would take a whole extra room. Most houses don't just have those lying around. Luckily ours does. ;)

Before:










After:







That is as close as Kacio gets to this room, he also has the whole dining room behind him to play in, so far, this, plus schooling during his nap, is working out really well.  Fingers crossed!

The reading corner is in the center of the photo in the back. Everyone's favorite place. They all gravitate towards. It's very cozy.




8 comments:

  1. Is that a montessori shelf I see??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wannabe Montessori shelf. I wish I could do it, but unfortunately it will only be hit or miss Montessori. So, yes, practical and sensorial life will be on those shelves, I still have so much to add.

      By the way... Hi, Heather! Congratulations in baby #3!

      Delete
  2. Wow, I had no idea homeschooling is legal in Poland. I thought it's just in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful Olivia! :-)

    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just curious as why homeschooling? Maybe you mentioned it, I haven't really seen an answer, since I just found your blog today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I've answered it somewhere, probably more in the comments since lots of people ask the same question. But I'm happy to answer again!

      My 2 big reasons. Homeschooling allows me to control what my children learn and in what kind of environment they learn. It allows our family to have the kind of lifestyle we want which includes much more time together as a family and flexibility in our schedules for travel and rest.

      That's it in a nutshell! Hope that helps clarify. :)

      Delete